People of ABC-7

Nick Patrick, GMEP traffic

1024x576__0016_Nick
Nick Patrick

Nick was born in raised in Central Illinois in the tiny town of Taylorville, near the state capitol. From a young age, a near miss with a tornado left him with a fear of strong storms. That started to change in his college years. While attending Eastern Illinois University he began working on campus at WEIU, the PBS affiliate for East Central Illinois. The mostly student-run newsroom produces a live half-hour broadcast every day and got Nick interested in working in TV. He fell in love with weather forecasting and graduated with a degree in atmospheric science and a minor in broadcast meteorology. 

After graduation Nick started his career along the gulf coast of Mississippi, forecasting in the deep south. He was there two years before moving with his fiance to Charleston West Virginia. There, he helped forecast dangerous weather events including a deadly flood in 2016. 

After four years in West Virginia, Nick is happy to be in El Paso living in another new climate. While the hot summers are going to be tough the cold won’t be missed! When not working you can find Nick enjoying the local food and exploring the Borderland. He also has two cats that will show up in his social media from time to time.

Nick Patrick

Nick Patrick is the traffic reporter on ABC-7’s Good Morning El Paso and a fill-in meteorologist.

Comments