Skip to Content

Las Cruces man accused of beating 14-year-old boy with cerebral palsy

A Las Cruces man allegedly beat up his girlfriend’s 14-year-old son, who is diagnosed with cerebral palsy, police said.

Roberto Aguirre, 49, had been drinking at a bar before the woman picked him up and took him to her mobile home where police said he continued to drink in the backyard Wednesday evening.

The woman stepped out and went to store. When she returned, she found the boy crying with a swollen right eye, swollen cheek and lip, and bruising to his neck consistent with choking.

According to the statement of facts obtained by the ABC-7 I-Team, Aguirre was getting toilet to clean blood off boy’s face when his mother returned.

Police were called about 8:30 p.m. to 850 Holly Drive, where officers arrested Aguirre. He was charged with one count of intentional child abuse, a third-degree felony. Aguirre was booked into the Doa Ana County Detention Center where he is being held without bond.

The woman told investigators that Aguirre “has anger issues,” according court documents.

The boy is expected to recover.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

KVIA ABC-7

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.