EL PASO, Texas -- The fourth annual WinterFest continues through Sunday, Jan. 5. The family-friendly and mostly free celebration encompasses downtown El Paso, including the Arts Festival Plaza.
The city has brought back the ice-skating rink, festive decorations and more. San Jacinto Plaza lights up the heart of downtown and hosts holiday entertainment every weekend, including shopping and seasonal food and drinks.
Here are ten must-see things that WinterFest organizers say you don't want to miss...
- Ice Skating at the Hospitals of Providence Ice Rink - It is open 7 days a week and on the holidays, so grab a pair of skates & hit the ice.
- Cozying up in the Texas Gas Warming Tent - For those who aren’t skaters, there's a special place in the warming tent. It's complete with lounge furniture and a nice view of the rink.
- Incredible Food Vendors - You'll find everything from Juarez dogs to tacos and everything in between.
- Iconic WinterFest Photo Opp - There are plenty of photo opportunities, whether in front of the Welcome sign or under the San Jacinto Lights.
- Hot Cocoa from the Holiday Cafe - Nothing goes better with the holiday season than a warm, chocolatey cup of cocoa in a winter-themed café.
- Local Art in downtown El Paso - There are many beautiful murals and art installations that you can spend a full day just strolling around downtown to see them all.
- El Paso Locomotive FC Sun City Express - You can catch this custom train every weekend of WinterFest at the Pedestrian Pathway near the Convention Center. Rides are $2 and there's seating for the whole family
- Texas Gas Holiday Movies at the Plaza - Free holiday movies are being shown on Sundays at the Plaza Theatre through Dec. 29. Get details by clicking here.
- Saturday Before Christmas Market - Families can enjoy free entertainment and activities while they shop from a variety of local vendors and grab a bite from local food trucks. This happens Dec. 21 at the Downtown Art and Farmers Market in Union Plaza.
- El Paso Streetcar - Passengers can ride the El Paso Streetcar for free on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the WinterFest season.
For more information, visit the official El Paso Winterfest website.