Skip to Content

Overloaded Power Outlet Causes House Fire In Northeast El Paso

An overloaded power outlet caused a house fire in Northeast El Paso, according to firefighters.

The blaze occurred in the 4800 block of Sierra Madre around 1:30am Sunday.

Authorities said people inside the home were operating too many appliances from the same outlet. One of the cords caught fire, and that cord happened to be under a carpet, allowing the fire to spread quickly.

There was no damage estimate on the home as of Sunday morning, but burnt furniture that belonged to the home was sitting on the lawn.

Firefighters are cautioning people not to plug too many appliances into the same outlet.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content