Skip to Content

Overnight Fire Causes $10,000 In Damages To Local Restaurant

A fire broke out at a local restaurant just after midnight on Saturday in east El Paso, according to fire officials.

Fire crews arrived at the El Zarape restaurant located at 8600 North Loop Drive to find smoke and flames coming from the roof of the building.

Eleven fire units and 29 firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area of the restaurant and extinguished the blaze within 20 minutes.

Officials said no one was in the restaurant when the fire started and no injuries were reported. Fire investigators said the fire began in the kitchen after one of the employees left a burner on overnight. Investigators ruling the blaze as accidental.

The building sustained an estimated $10,000 in damages.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content