NAME: Jaime O. Perez
OFFICE YOU SEEK Mayor
EDUCATION BA Brandeis, MA UC Berkeley
1) NUMBER-ONE CAMPAIGN FOCUS: Lower Taxes 3%, Remove City Manager & Reduce RedTape
2) WHAT SETS YOU APART FROM YOUR OPPONENTS? Experience in both Government and Private Sector
3) RELEVANT EXPERIENCE THAT QUALIFIES YOU FOR THE POSITION YOU SEEK: I served as Legislative Aide to City Representatives and County Chief of Staff.
4) IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO REVOKE ONE ORDINANCE IN EL PASO IMMEDIATELY UPON TAKING OFFICE, WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE?
Aggressive Solicitation Ordinance. It is unconstitutional and part of the agenda to Gut City Charter and disempower the citizen.
5) DESCRIBE A MOMENT THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE: When I realized the widespread corruption of executive, legislative AND judicial branches and the role of the media as propaganda enablers of that corruption.
6) IN WHAT WAYS IS EL PASO ON THE RIGHT TRACK, AND IN WHAT WAYS DOES IT NEED TO CHANGE COURSE?
El Paso is still a vibrant family oriented community yet many of the people suffer poor education and lack of opportunity.
What needs to change is the current city council policy of stealing taxes from taxpaying homeowners and giving the money to banks and mega-wealthy speculators.
7) IF ELECTED, HOW WILL YOU BALANCE THE NEEDS OF FAMILY, YOUR CAREER AND YOUR OFFICE? I will be fully dedicated to serving the People of El Paso
8) WHEN AND WHY DID YOU COME TO EL PASO (IF APPLICABLE)? I am a life-long El Pasoan brought here by my parents at age 5.
9) PLEASE INDICATE WHETHER YOU HAVE A WEBSITE, TWITTER OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT:
jaimeforelpaso.com, jaimeoperez.com, americans4liberty.blogspot.com and fb/jaimeforelpaso