The city of Las Cruces is warning residents in one part of town that they’ll be without water for part of the overnight hours.
A news release stated that businesses and residences in the following areas will experience a water outage for four hours beginning a 10 p.m. on Thursday:
– Harrelson Avenue from College Avenue to Union Avenue
– Linden Avenue from Conway Avenue to Union
– Mando from Harrelson Street to Linden
– Bell Avenue from Harrelson to Linden
– Conway from Main Street to Orange Avenue
City officials said that water discoloration due to iron, manganese and calcium deposits is possible for up to 24 hours.
They said that the water is safe to drink, but recommend waiting to wash laundry until after the water becomes clear.
Officials recommend flushing all faucets for five minutes if the discoloration remains.
Call Las Cruces Utilities at 526-0500 if the water does not clear up.