Skip to Content
News

2 more inmates charged in attack on southern New Mexico prison guards

Two additional inmates have been charged in an attack that severely injured two southern New Mexico prison guards, authorities said Friday.

George Cervantes and Daniel Aragon join five other inmates previously charged in last week’s beatings of two corrections officers inside the Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility near Las Cruces.

Authorities also said the two primary culprits in the attack — inmates Gabriel Sedillo and Ricardo Sena — have now been transferred to the maximum security prison facility in Santa Fe.

All seven inmates are expected to be indicted on charges ranging from aggravated assault to attempted murder and will appear in Third District Court early next week, according to the Dona Ana County District Attorney’s Office.

The two corrections officers are still recovering from their injuries after being released from the hospital. Meantime, the prison still remained on lockdown Friday, more than a week after the pair were attacked.

KVIA ABC-7

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content