By KAREN MATTHEWS
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City officials say retailers and food delivery companies must do more to halt the proliferation of unsafe e-bike and e-scooter batteries, after a fire blamed on an electric scooter’s lithium ion battery killed three people. Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh spoke Monday in front of the Brooklyn row house where Sunday’s fire killed three members of one family. She said Grubhub, Uber Eats, Amazon and Walmart should do more to keep unsafe e-bikes and e-scooters off the streets. Uber and Grubhub representatives said retailers should stop selling uncertified e-bikes. Walmart officials said they have no tolerance for the sale of products with false claims. A message seeking comment was sent to Amazon.