EL PASO, Texas -- After suffering a setback when state officials pulled the plug on plans for commencement ceremonies to be held inside UTEP's Don Haskins Center, all El Paso Independent School District high schools will now hold graduations at three outdoor stadiums.
The district approved plans Friday to celebrate the Class of 2020 on June 15 through 20.
The ceremonies will follow certain rules, officials said, adding that each graduate will be given two guest tickets that must be presented at the door.
Face masks must also be worn by all attendees, although graduates will be allowed to remove their face masks when they walk the stage.
The stadiums selected to host these outdoor graduations are at the El Paso, Franklin and Bowie high school campuses.
The schedule for graduations is now as follows:
- June 15 at El Paso High stadium: CCTA at 9 a.m. and El Paso High at 8 p.m.
- June 16 at Franklin High stadium: Transmountain Early College at 9 a.m. and Irvin at 8 p.m.
- June 17 at Franklin High stadium: Franklin at 9 a.m. and Coronado at 8 p.m.
- June 18 at Franklin High stadium: Chapin at 9 a.m. and Andress at 8 p.m.
- June 19 at Bowie High stadium: Burges at 9 a.m. and Austin at 8 p.m.
- June 20 at Bowie High stadium: Jefferson/Silva at 9 a.m. and Bowie at 9 p.m.