EL PASO, Texas -- Every year on the fifth of May, Mexican-American heritage and pride is celebrated.
The U.S. Congress issued a proclamation in 2005 calling on Americans to observe Cinco de Mayo.
Most people do so by enjoying a Mexican-themed meal and drinks -- like tacos and margaritas.
Here's a look at some places offering specials to celebrate the day in El Paso....
- Carlos & Mickey's, 1310 Magruder St. & 12111 Montwood Dr., voted the home of El Paso's best and biggest margarita by many, is offering a Pickle-Rita drink special for $6.95 - and their lunch special is two ground beef gorditas with rice and beans for $6.99.
- Chili's Grill & Bar, multiple El Paso locations, is marking the occasion with $5 drink deals on some of their most popular margaritas and select draft imports.
- Chuy's, Fountains at Farah, is celebrating with happy hour discounts all day on Tecate, Original Texas ‘Tinis and their World-Famous House ‘Ritas. They’re also offering $1 Tequila Floaters to top off your margarita.
- Taco Cabana, multiple El Paso locations, is offering $2 margaritas with 12 flavors to choose from, all on the rocks. Or try the La Bandera Margarita, layered with lime, strawberry, mango and blue curacao flavors for $3.
- Taco Shop, 1920 N. Zaragoza Rd., is offering carne asada and carnitas street tacos for $6.
- Twin Peaks, multiple El Paso locations, is celebrating with these deals: Tequila shots - Cuervo Silver for $3.99 or Patron Silver for $4.99, and draft beers and cocktails starting at $5.