Skip to Content

Fire destroys mobile home in Northeast El Paso

Afire at a mobile home in Northeast El Paso early Friday morning has left a man without a place to stay.

El Paso Fire Department officials on the scene ruled it an accident. Chief Battalion MattHiett said a fireplace was left on and the homeowner fell asleep.

Thefire started just after 3 a.m. on the 12200 block of O’Donnell.

The homeowner, Clarence Kandal said he had just fallen asleep when he smelled the smoke. Kandal and his five dogs were able to get out.

He suffered minor injuries to his arms after he said he tried to control the fire with a water hose. Kandal refused treatment from emergency officials.

Half the mobile home was destroyed, and the neighbors’ homes also sustained damage. However, the neighbors are being allowed back into their homes.

An official with the Red Cross was on the scene to assistance Kandal.

“I don’t know what to do. All my family lives in east Texas and I can’t get a hold of them, I don’t have their numbers.I don’t know how to contact them,” said Kandal.

Fire officials said the home is a total loss.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content