Skip to Content

El Paso man nearly electrocuted at home on Cactus Hill

An El Paso man was hospitalized after nearly being electrocuted Monday in an incident in a residential neighborhood.

The unidentified man was electrically shocked at a home at 5429 Cactus Hill Drive just before 11 a.m., according to a fire department spokesman.

The man was rushed to a local hospital, but paramedics indicated his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.

The circumstances of the incident were not immediately detailed by authorities. Online images from real estate websites indicated the large home was undergoing renovation work.

Earlier this summer, another El Paso man did die after being electrocuted in a swimming pool at an apartment complex. Police said malfunctioning pool lights caused the victim to be shocked, although an apartment complex employee denied the incident.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content