UPDATE: A 40-year-old armed man from Fort Bliss who was arrested after gunshots rang out during a large fight in west El Paso has now been released from custody, authorities said Monday.
Police said the suspect's release was ordered by a magistrate who declined to sign an arrest warrant; authorities didn't elaborate further. The suspect's name was not released.
Officers had said the man was armed with a gun and fled the fight scene after shots were fired.
Detectives said the investigation into Sunday night's 50-person fight at Mesa and Mesa Hills is ongoing.
ORIGINAL REPORT: EL PASO, Texas -- At least one arrest was made after gunshots rang out during a fight in west El Paso involving dozens of people on Sunday night, authorities said.
The fight, which police said involved about 50 people - some with weapons - happened at Mesa and Mesa Hills. Witnesses told ABC-7 that the altercation occurred outside the El Paso Drafthouse 2.0.
Although there were reports of shots fired, police indicated there were no reports of any shooting victims.
Police said just before 10 p.m. that a man armed with a gun who fled the scene had been taken into custody by officers. There was no word on whether other arrests had occurred.