Skip to Content

14-year-old boy shocked, caught fire after climbing electric pole in east El Paso

EL PASO, Texas (KVIA) - A 14-year-old suffered serious injuries after being shocked at an east El Paso park Thursday night, according to authorities.

According to fire officials, the boy got shocked and suffered severe burns after trying to climb a pole at the Dick Shinaut Park.

A fire department spokesman said it happened at around 7:50 p.m.

This is a developing story and will be updated as we learn more.

Article Topic Follows: Top Stories

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

Edwin Delgado


KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content