EL PASO, TEXAS - McDonald's held the Triunfadores Awards in celebration of Hispanic Heritage month.
McDonald’s honored six individuals for their professional achievements and dedication to serving the community and helping others.
According to McDonald's, the six honorees have shown they are great role models for our community's youth and motivate them to obtain higher education.
This year's recipients of the McDonald’s Hispanos Triunfadores are:
- Romy Saenz Hawkins – Metal Embossing OLLI - UTEP Business
- Frank Spencer III – President, Aztec Contractors, Inc.
- Iliana Holguin- El Paso County Commissioner
- Dr. José O. Rivera – UTEP School of Pharmacy Dean
- Tommy Gonzalez – El Paso City Manager
- Dr. Lourdes Echegoyen – Director, UTEP Office of Undergraduate Research Initiatives
Like other years, McDonald’s partnered with the El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (EPHCC) for the ceremony. Any proceeds from the event benefit EPHCC.