Skip to Content

Fire Crews Extinguish Village Inn Fire

The Village Inn located in Northeast El Paso caught fire Saturday night and burned into the early Sunday morning hours.

According to restaurant employees, they noticed smoke around 9 p.m. on Saturday evening. By the time they evacuated a handful of customers and employees outside, a fire had begun and flames could be seen coming through the roof.

Dispatchers with the El Paso Fire Department told ABC-7 that the initial call for the fire came around 11 p.m. Crews battled the fire into the early morning hours.

Kevin Hollis, an employee at the Village Inn, said it was a hard sight to watch.

“I didn’t think this would happen,” said Hollis. “It sucks. This is where I work.”

Investigators could not be reached at the time of publication, but pictures of the building appear to show that the building is a complete loss.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content