NMSU 2023-24 Men’s Basketball Team Tracker
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico (KVIA) -- On Sunday the last remaining player left from the 2022-23 NMSU Men's Basketball team entered the transfer portal. That means new Head Coach Jason Hooten has to build the 2023-24 roster from scratch.
Below is a list of who we already know will be joining the Aggies for Hooten's first season at the helm, in order of when they announced their commitment to NMSU.
1. Keylon Dorsey - A 6-5 Freshman guard who had committed to Sam Houston and decided to follow Hooten to NMSU. Dorsey finished high school rated as a three-star recruit and the No. 42 shooting guard in the country and No. 28 overall prospect in the state of Texas according to 247Sports.
2. Jaden Harris - A 6-4 Junior guard who is transferring from JUCO school South Plains College. Last season he started in 28 games for the Texans and averaged 15.3 points per game and shot over 40% from the field.
3. Clarence 'Monzy' Jackson - A 6-7 Senior forward who played at Wichita State from 2020-2022 and Jacksonville State from 2022-2023. He averaged 7.2 points and 4.7 rebounds in his 31 games for the Gamecocks.
4. Jaylin Jackson-Posey - A 6-2 Sophomore guard from Stephen F. Austin. Jackson-Posey played in 31 games from SFA as a freshman last season and score 7.5 points and had 2.5 rebounds per game.
5. Brandon Suggs - A 6-6 Grad Transfer forward from Central Florida who also played at East Carolina. Suggs averaged 6.6 points and 3.2 rebounds in 32 games for the Knights last season.
6. Kaosi Ezeagu - A 6-10 Senior forward from UTEP, Kansas State and most recently Hooten's former team in Sam Houston. Ezeagu is coming off his best season yet where he played in 33 of the Bearkats' 34 games, averaging 5.8 points and 3.8 rebounds. Last season he had a shooting percentage of 59.3 from the field.
7. Denijay Harris - A 6-7 Senior forward from Southern Miss who also spent time at Southwest Mississippi Community College. Over the course of three seasons with the Golden Eagles, Harris appeared in 82 games and made 43 starts. In his final season at Southern Miss, Harris shot 56.2% from the floor, averaging 8.9 points and 5.7 rebounds a game.
8. Femi Odukale - A 6-6 Senior guard from Seton Hall last season and Pitt the two seasons prior. Last season with the Pirates, Odukale averaged 7.3 points, 4.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.6 steals in his 32 starts in 33 appearances. He ranked 8th in the Big East in steals last season with 52.
9. Jordan Rawls - A 6-2 Grad Transfer guard from Western Kentucky. Last season Rawls averaged 7.5 points, 1.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists which ranked him 15th in C-USA for assists per game. He has one more year of eligibility and is immediately able to play.
That leaves four more scholarship spots for Hooten to fill. We will keep updating this list as we learn of new recruits.