EL PASO, Texas -- Loop 375 at Transmountain is closed in both directions after rain from overnight caused heavy debris to fall along the highway.
Drivers are being asked to see an alternate routes. TxDot crews will be working to clean up the debris to make things safe for drivers. It's unclear how long the closure could stay in effect.
Here are driving tips to keep in mind according to Triple AAA:
- avoid using cruise control
- Slow down on the road.
- If you catch yourself in skid:
- Continue to look at your path of travel down the road. Steer in the direction you want the front of the vehicle to go. Avoid slamming on the brakes. When the rear wheels stop skidding, continue to steer to avoid a rear-wheel skid in the opposite direction.
- Keep tires properly inflated.
- Always wear a safety belt