Skip to Content

Baby dies after being burned by steam leaking from radiator in New York apartment

NEW YORK (AP) — Police in New York City say an 11-month-old baby has died after being burned by steam leaking from a radiator inside a Brooklyn apartment. Officers responding to a 911 call Friday morning found the boy unconscious inside an apartment bedroom. Police say the baby was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The incident is under investigation. A radiator malfunction was blamed for the deaths of two young sisters who suffered steam burns in a New York City apartment in 2016.

Article Topic Follows: AP-National

Jump to comments ↓

Associated Press


KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content