Skip to Content

House Dems seek probe of USPS plan for new mail truck fleet


Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrats on the House Oversight Committee are seeking an investigation into a U.S. Postal Service plan to replace its aging mail trucks with mostly gasoline-powered vehicles. The plan largely ignores calls to replenish the mail-service fleet with electric vehicles and falls far short of President Joe Biden’s goals to address climate change. In a letter Monday, Democrats asked the agency’s inspector general to investigate whether the Postal Service complied with the National Environmental Policy Act and other laws when awarding a 10-year contract to Wisconsin-based Oshkosh Defense to supply up to 165,000 new mail trucks. Only 10% of the initial order will be for EVs; the remaining 90% use traditional gasoline-powered engines.

Article Topic Follows: AP National Business

Jump to comments ↓

Associated Press


KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content