Skip to Content

E-scooter charging station sparks fire near shopping plaza

Click here for updates on this story

    TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) — The Tallahassee Fire Department says an overnight fire sparked by an e-scooter charging station caused $75,000 in damages to a Tallahassee shopping plaza.

On Tuesday around 9:20 P.M., a person noticed smoke coming from the shopping plaza in the 1100 block of South Adams Street and called 911 to report it.

Units from stations 1 and 3 responded to the area and found the smoke coming from the building. Crews forced their way into the establishment and extinguished the fire.

Because of the large amount of smoke inside the building, crews had to go on top of the building and cut a hole in the roof to ventilate the smoke and heat out of the structure.

The cause of the fire was determined to be from a battery charging station for electric scooters. No injuries were reported on scene, and damages are estimated to be at $75,000.

Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.

Article Topic Follows: Regional News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo



KVIA ABC 7 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content